Wednesday, May 9, 2012

New Perspective

Over the past year I have developed some opinions about things due to experience. One of them being school. I love to gripe about school. The list of things I hate about it is endless. The list of things I'd rather be doing is rather lengthy. I so often feel sorry for teachers and the students they have to put up with, and the work they put in for little recognition.  I have strong opinions about the things BA schools is doing right and wrong. BUT, I've come to realize something...if you don't like something- change it. Do something about it.

(Pictured above is Mr. Chitty, the 2012 BAPS District Teacher of the Year)

If you would have asked me in January what my college plans I would have told you that the sound of college makes me want to barf. If I don't have to go, I'm not. I am going to work and save and ponder on my future. But seriously, what good will that do me?

When I was younger, I wanted to be a teacher. I love office supplies, decorating, teaching, presenting, getting dressed up for work, etc. Teaching is something I just keep coming back to. I realize that with teaching there are a lot of things that could stress you out. Defiant students, students who simply don't care, hateful parents, grading homework, etc. But (differing with age group) I've seen on so many occassions, the best teachers are the happiest. If you truly enjoy what you do, you are happy. If you are happy, your job is done to a higher standard. With some age groups, (and with boundaries in play) friendships are made. Memories are made. Teachers impact kids more than they ever know.

Throughout the school district I attend, there are things that I support, and things that simply disgust me. However, sitting back and complaining or planning on discriminating, I can join the team and work to make it  better. This entire mindset is going to take a tremendous amount of hard work, and heart. I've decided to make this my goal to make my family proud, support a future family, and make a difference.

So the moral of the story, little tykes, is- if you don't like something, CHANGE IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment