Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Inspiration. What is it to you?

One thing you will learn (hopefully) from reading my blog is that I am extremely goal oriented. If I see someonthing I want or something I want to accomplish, I figure out what needs to be done and work my butt off for it. I love working and working hard to have the things I want. For example, most of you know that last October I had wrecked my car. Well, I went the rest of the school year just borrowing my mom's car when necessary. But I realaized that senior year would be crazy and I really needed my own transportation. (I'm also huge on independence.) So I work my part time job and picked up two others as well. (and mono.....all I did this summer was work and sleep.) Even so, my goal was accomplished and I paid for my explorer with cash, all by myself. That was such an awesome accomplishment. Dave Ramsey would be so proud!

The list of things I have done this with goes on very far. From purchases of my new coat to clothes, or experiences such as pageants and prom, all the way down to my current passion. My future. Goals take many things to become accomplished goals. A plan, time, money, dedication, accountability, consistancy, and my personal favorite- inspiration. This could also range from any number of things. Here are the things that inspire me to continue, even on days when it seems impossible. These things are keeping me focused on my future, how to get there, and what I will achieve.

1. My friends and family. I have such an amazing support system. I am constantly encouraged, and told that I can do this. My future (Air Force) may not be easy, but they've got my back. Even down to the weight issue.

2. My church friends/ other young adults around me. There are a few in my life that I look up to that are leading Godly lives with great futures ahead of them within their lives, careers, etc. Those are the people I want to imitate.

3. Music. My loyal readers will also know what a music addict I am. ** Side note! I was helping with a school project today and we had the radio on. The station happen to be in tune with me and playing really great songs. I said "I love this song!" a lot. Eventually someone said, "You've said that about every song!" Sorry, I can't help it!** But really, though. Music says what we cannot. One song in particular that has me going right now is 'Part of me' by Katy Perry. The lyrics are riveting, and it's so powerful. The video shows Katy getting upset at a boy, and recreating her identity through the military. She cuts her hair, and is seen going through boot camo type exercises. She showed strength and beauty all in one. That (even though it was just a music video) is so inspiring to me! I also know that even though she is not a service woman, Katy is one tough gal! You go girl!

4. Nature. Now this is a new one for me. I don't usually go out and "find myself" in the woods or some meadow. However, we are so blessed here in Oklahoma to have beautiful sunrises and sunsets. (And the moon tonight is gorgeous!!) Those beautiful tones of pink, orange, purple, and blue just leave me in awe. They give me hope of a new horizon and future, and the beauty of life that God has in store.

5. Visuals. I made a collage for my room, with pictures of the things I am working for over the next year. I do this because it's a daily reminder to stay focused, but I also just love crafts. (My pinteresting friends will be so proud!) This poster has several things on it.
A. Pictures of cars I like. (My goal is to pay cash for a newer car in one year with part of my Air Force pay)
B. Pictures of Air Force rankings, logos, etc. (By this time next year I will have graduated Basic Military Training, and my specialized tech school.)
C. Pictures of Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders. (I will be working through the next 7 months to gain lean muscle simply to be my best when enlisting. Then I will go through bootcamp. Those dancers insipire me. I want to be healthy, strong, and beautiful just like them. High kicks, splits, and all!)
   There were several other things among my collage, but these were the main goals. And now I have a visual reminder of what I'm working for.

Inspiration creates drive. Drive creates ethic. Ethic builds character. Character builds integrity. These are things that are getting harder and harder to find. Be the person that stands out and find your own sunrise. Find what inspires you to break the barriers and prove all the stereotypes dead WRONG. And I'll be in the background with my DCC blue pom poms cheering you on.

P.S. With all that being said, know that for the most part, I don't like to blend in. (I don't enjoy going freak status, but I definately don't quite go with the flow.) I like to be a rebel. When I had dyed my hair junior year, apparently that was the trend. So I got out of that real fast. The point was to stand out, not blend in.
My mom suggested when I get my new car, to get a red one. So I also decided that I would order a tage that said "Rebel". Fitting, don't you think?

P.P.S. Just in casse there is any doubt in your mind, pretty girls can be tough too. Don't underestimate us.

No comments:

Post a Comment