Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Days Like This



As previously mentioned, the Sleeping Beauty production hosted by The South Tulsa Children's Ballet is this Saturday. Throughout this week we are in full preperation and rehearsal mode. This is when the entire cast comes together and goes through the show. These can be multiple hours and can get quite repeatitive.



At the beginning of this week, we had our pictures for the show. Everyone comes in and puts on their costume including hair, makeup, and accessories. The little girls looked so cute in their little tutus and sequins, and the older girls looked so beautiful in their full tutus and pointe shoes. But those are the moments that keep me going. So often I want to quit participating in productions with this company, but days like this keep me going. I have done Nutcracker 2010, and now Sleeping Beauty 2011. I have been blessed in these oppurtunities, but so many days, I long for a part on pointe with the other girls my age.



Since about age four I have wanted pointe shoes. When I finally got into dance lessons, I was disapointed to learn I couldn't have them then. Now I am proud to say I'm a pointe ballerina at my home studio (Beautiful Feet). And I strive to work to the level of the other girls my age. (This is often easier said than done; the other girls at STCB do nothing but eat, sleep, school, and dance.) Days like this reminds me that I am so close to that dream. I am going through the less important parts to work my way to the top. I may not be Aurora or a lead, but one day I will reach that goal of wearing one of the beautiful stand out tutus on stage with the South Tulsa Children's Ballet.



Along with this, I am working on polishing my pointe solo for the year at my home studio. Check back for performance dates.



No comments:

Post a Comment