Monday, June 6, 2011

Josh's Snow Shack Review



Let the quest for the best snow cone in BA begin!






First as an intro let me tell you what this is all about! I worked at a snow cone shack for a few weeks last summer, and I've been hooked ever since. I am here to help rate and review all the shacks in the Broken Arrow. Each shack will be rated in various categories. Then at the end of the summer I will give awards for various categories and then the grand award of "BA's best Snow Cone Shack of 2011". Good luck!






Our first contender is close to my heart: Josh's Snow Shack on 71st and Garnett






ICE: 9 The ice is a great consistancy, and it doesnt freeze into chunks by the time you get to the bottom of the cup






FLAVORS: 9 The flavors are excellent and the sign outside the shack is extremely user friendly. There are endless possibilities and my favorite part, is they don't turn your mouth colors.






PRESENTATION: 8 The syrup stayed in the cup and there was the perfect amount. The ice was right below the brim. Which was perfect for on the go and easy to maintain.






SHACK: 10 The shack is very large and open, with two windows for order an pick up. There is music playing outside, shade trees and picnic tables.






OTHER: 10 The service was great, and the attendants were very polite. The shack also sells T-shirts ($10) and bumber stickers ($1)






Congratualtions Josh's! At your first round of the summer you have earned 46 points out of a possible 50! Above I have pictured Krista and I on our trip on June 6th. I got a small fuzzy navel with a hint of coconut, and she got a mix of coconut, banana, and vanilla. They hit that sweet spot for sure!



3 comments:

  1. Try the new one "Ink's" next...I went today and requested they carry sugar free flavors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All right, my mom said she went today and really loved it. She told the owner that I was doing a blog, and he was pretty excited. They are on my list(:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ink's is pretty yummy, and the owner "Glen" is a really nice guy.
    Samantha has already bought a tshirt....shocker!!

    ReplyDelete