Friday, June 24, 2011

An Unexpected Treasure



For those of you who know me, you are aware of my love for pageants. Ask me what I know and we could be here for hours. And believe it or not, I'm still an amateur! (competed in 5 pageants, with 2 sub category wins, and 1 tri state title). My most recent competition was this past February, here in Broken Arrow. I competed against 3 other beautiful girls for the title of Miss Broken Arrow's Outstanding Teen. Despite the fact that I was not able to bring the gorgeous crown home this year, I learned more than I thought possible. But the best thing I got out of the entire process, was a new friend.



Throughout the process I was clearly nervous, as this was my first time competing in the Miss America circuit, (the best by far). I learned not to judge people from the way they look as well. The first time I met the other girls, they didnt seem that nice. Really it was all just nerves. To this day, I am so thankful that I went throught it all with Aldyn Phillips.



Aldyn is a beautiful student at Union High School and is very deciated to her school work, her platform, her family, and her passion for piano. We helped each other prepare, and supported each other the entire weekend. During a stressful pageant weekend, having great room mates in your dressing room can have a huge impact on your mood and performance. We really were all in it together.



I am proud to say that Aldyn took home the 2011 title. She did an amazing job. She looked beautiful in all of her outfits and remained poised even when the rest of us were sweating in our spotlight. At the end of the night I recieved a text message from her telling me that I had done a wonderful job and that she couldn't wait to spend some quality time with me. That truly meant the world to me. Pageants are full of glitz and glamour, but here in the Miss America circuit, we support all of our fellow girls. Cattiness is out there but you won't find it here in BA.



In the following months, I attended events that Aldyn and Lydia Gray (Miss Broken Arrow 2011) appeared at and it was a wonderful experience. Not only am I supporting a dear friend, but preparing for next year. I am getting a first hand look at what her job truly is. Pictured above is Aldyn and I at the send off party for Lydia and Aldyn before the Miss Oklahome competition. (I am on the left, Adyn is on the right.)



So to Aldyn, thank you for everything. You have been such ana amazing friend to me and I can't thank you enough. I hope and pray that we continue to be there for each other. I am so proud of you for making Rookie Talent and getting into the top ten at Miss Oklahoma. You truly are a treasure. You will go far in life and I love you.

2 comments:

  1. this is such a sweet and true statement natasha! BA pageant is the best and Aldyn and Lydia did such a lovely job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your feedback I'm glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete