Sunday, March 4, 2012

Exhausted


Well, as the weekend comes to a close, I am ready for some sleep.
Today I got a lot accomplished that was just nagging at me to get done. (i.e. cleaning my room. I spent 2.5 hours cleaning my room.) And it was all well worth it. However, I have an equally long list of things that did not get done. But that's life my friends.
This morning my family and I went to Life Church, and Pastor Craig didn't disapoint. He brought the same powerful message, and tummy hurting laughs as before. Over the last four weeks, he has been teaching about the story of Samson. Here are the highlights of the series.
1. Samson was a man with incredible strenght, but an incredibly weak will.
2. The attitudes that lead man to destruction are pride, entitlement, and lust.
3. Man doesn't ruin his life all at once, but one step at a time.
4. Failure is not a person, but an event.
We also learn that you must be careful with group texts, 'Hoebagger' is possibly a bad word, and that Life Church will use anything short of sin to get people into the house of the Lord. Including free snacks and Starbucks coffee before service.
Also: note to teens. The Switch is Life Church's youth program. Broken Arrow's campus will begin their segment of The Switch on March 7, at 7 pm. They're expecting a great turn out of movers and shakers to get our generation of high school students on a path of rightousness. There are opportunities to become student leaders available, for those of you interested. If you are hesitant, realize this- it will be everyone's first night. Everyone is at a fresh start to make new friends while drawing near to ur God. I will be there, and I dare you to come too.
You can check out the exciting tale of Samson and his journey in the book of Judges chapters 12-16.

No comments:

Post a Comment