Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Customer Service Review- Forever Young Salon

Ladies, ya feel me when I say, when we go to the salon, we like a little attention. When it's our turn in that comfy stylist chair, we want the stylist to care about what they are doing, and at least care about us.

Yesterday I took advantage of a spa package my mom had purchased, at Forever Young Salon and Spa. Let me just say, I felt rushed, unimportant, and unwelcomed. The salon itself looks fabulous, and the majority of the staff seemed nice. However, the unnamed stylist who cut my hair was not personable at all. This lady didn't try to start any form of conversation or even pretend that she cared. I was not given what I was promised (and what my parents paid for) in the spa package. I did not feel pretty when I left, and had to rush home and get ready for work all over again.

When my mother called to (politely) give our concerns and exoerience, said unnamed stylist was rude, and basically blamed me for my experience.

What.

Needless to say, she will not recieve my business again.


My note to customers: Please remember that in any retail, sales, or service outlet, you never know what that employee may have going on. They may have had a rough day, something going on in their personal life, or anything at all. No, that doesn't give an excuse for bad service. But they aren't robots that can can flip a switch and become someone they aren't. Be considerate, tip as generously as possible, and be kind even when we aren't.

My note to the business world staff: Step up your game! Believe me I know it's hard to leave your personal life at the door. However, that is something we need to strive to do. To give our customers the best consistancy and experince they can possibly get. No matter what. Customer service is so very important.
And if you get a call with a complaint, apologize and make the customer happy. Admit you are wrong, but just be as civil as possible. Blaming the customer blatantly never ends well.)

Regardless, there is room for improvement on both sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment