Monday, August 6, 2012

One Direction...Well, Not Really.

I'd like to say that my blog has "One Direction", but not only is there no boy band associated with my banter, but my blog is also more like a rabbit trail. And that is perfectly okay with me. My Monday has been a roller coaster from marvelous to leave-me-alone!

First of all at the gym today, it was a typical monday. Not a whole lot of gym goers, but lots of phone calls, cleaning, and snack breaks! But like I've said before, I love my gym family! I also had fun surprising my boss with some grub later in the afternoon. Then I went back to my Steve Martin clone, I mean um...pediatrician. He really is a great guy! But then he sent me to have more bloodwork done. Then he wasn't so great. Thankfully that didn't last long. Now most of my readers, know me personally. Thus you know I've been dealing with mono.

SIDE NOTE---> Just in case you haven't done your WebMD research, you can get mono from any transfer of salive. Ex. sharing cups, sharing eating utensils, and yes- kissing. But how I actually got it, I don't know. Also, people don't realize how long mono can actually last. In some cases students have missed an entire semester of school. One of the main symptoms is fatigue. Mono can really take a toll on a person. The other main concern is the potential of the spleen to swell. This can put athletes on the bench for months. Kids or adults who have mono and a swollen spleen are at risk to rupture their spleen during laborious activities and cause internal bleeding. This could in turn become deadly. So it's important to be careful.

Now with my case. I have done lots of sleeping, and lots of couch potato-ing. Although my doctor was not so excited with how busy I've been with my 3 jobs. Oops...well I guess I'll have to give "taking it easy" some more effort. So come on people cut me just a wee bit of slack! I have more on my metaphoric plate of life than a girl with menstral cramps has on her dinner plate. (And let me tell you that is a lot!) Although, on the flip side of that, everything I have on this plate really excites me! I crave to put more on it and accomplish more but I have know I have to open up some space on my plate first.

I'm also currently watching a show on the CW about modeling. I believe it's called "Remodeled", I'll have to do some research on that. The show is partly about an up and coming model and also about Paul, the owner of The Network. Paul wanted to connect all the small town agencies and find the raw talent we have!  But every time I watch a show about modeling and fashion and the industry with attitude, it reminds me of the hidden passion I have to be that girl. I've done a few auditions in my day, and I love it. Even the little auditions I've done have been exciting. I have recieved call backs almost each time. However, the cost of the initial walk in the door was not feesable for the day. But seriously how fun is that?! I love the idea of being a runway model! I love photo shoots, I love pictures, I love glam! I don't know if my life will take me in this path or even the professional version of that path. But it's still a possibility! And even if I don't hit the runway for Andy Hilfiger, or IMTA, or even John Casablancas, I know there are things I can do to feel like a supermodel. Here is my super model 101 tips for the day:

1. Keep up with the trends, but don't be a sheep. Incorporate the hot styles, but be unique. Check my blog each season for my newest trend loves!

2. Be kind to your skin! This is a huge umbrella of tips and tricks. One of the most important is don't go to sleep with your makeup on. I personally use baby wipes to take my makeup off at night. I also don't wear all of my makeup every day. Typically I just use bas, blush, and mascara. Classic and pretty. Just make sure those eyelashes are visible!

3. Don't be afraid to try new styles with your hair. Watch YouTube videos, let wet hair dry in curlers (way cooler than blow drying), or copy cat a celeb style.

4. Accessorize! I cannot emphasize this enough! One day try one statement piece, the next day try a matching set.  Break out those statement sunglasses, and those sassy shoes. I'm also quite obsessed with DIY fashion!

5. Use skin renewal techniques, looks, and fashion that makes you feel confident. That is the most important thing of all!

And this is only the tip of the iceberg. I could literally write a novel on random tips and tricks for being the best you ! As for right now, I'm gonna enjoy some more of  "Remodeled" on the CW.

Kisses!

P.S. (last note, I swear!) Don't let those rich girls in the hallway make you lose your confidence. They may look like they have it all, but they don't. Also remember though, as much as some girls seem like plastic barbies, they are people too. So kill em with kindness! And listen about how they whisper about your fantastic confidence and style (;

No comments:

Post a Comment