Saturday, August 18, 2012

My Last

Well, this is the weekend before school starts. Excuse me, before senior year starts. I wish I could lay out my week for you so you could see exactly how crazy it will be. But for general common sense and internet safety, I shall not. I have multiple things scheduled for every single day for the next three weeks straight, maybe even longer than that. I'm trying vigorously not to have a mental break down as I type this. Although I wonder how all the other teens in BA make this lifestyle look so easy....

Oh well, I guess I need to accept the fact that I'm not like every other teen in BA. Which is true in many ways.

I will say, that I am very excited with what the next week will bring. And I am already more than willing to nap at any moment.

So on a less dramatic note, here are some of my back to school "Must Do's"

1. Wash and vaccum car before the first day. (Mine needs it BIG TIME)

2. Memorize your class schedule or make sure it's handy

3. purchase a planner. (I am a complusive list maker.)

4. Hair cut. (Make sure ends and roots all look fresh.)

5. Plan first day outfit (As of right now mine is going to be a comfy striped cotton dress from target, leopard print converse, my lavender coach satchel, some pretty earrings, and some teased hair)

6. Plan lunches, snacks, and have a water bottle handy. (You will eat healthier and cheaper if you plan ahead.)


Other things that are not just for the beginning of the year:

7. Decorate that backpack! Unfortanately very few students know how to do this without ruining a bag and looking tacky. This year I went the Jansport/ Pinterest route. A Jansport backpack will cost you anywhere from $30-$75. Which is expensive, BUT they are very high quality. Then I just took some pinterest inspiration and made it mine. (Lace ribbon from walmart and fabric glue. BOOM. CUTE.)

8. Make a playlist for the year. Mine will have songs like 'Amazing Life' by Britt Nicole, 'My Last' by Big Sean and plenty of others.

9. Back to food. Like I said before, I am extrememly busy. So this year, I'm going to keep a small ice chest in my truck with healthy snacks. I'll have things like fruit, yogurt, cheese sticks, pretzels, egg salad, and celery. I have a very fast metabolism, so I am always hungry!

10. Schedule (and even take) senior pictures early. I am using Brett Birdsong, whom I highly recommend. He is a fantastic professional, and you will have a blast shooting pictures with him! You can find his page on Facebook for more info.

11. A new perspective. This can be applied to anything. Study habits, teachers, the daily grind of high school, and your peers. This is something I'm going to especially going to work on. Yes, I'm going to be smart about who I hang around, and what I say, BUT something we all have to realize is that people change. We have no idea what a person goes through  in their daily life when they aren't at school. The second thing we have to understand is that everyone just wants to feel accepted for who they are. So this year, throw someone you don't like a compliment. Give them the benefit of the doubt. Speak less, listen more.

12. Last, but certainly not least, Switch. Switch is the youth group at LifeChurch for middle school and high school students. High School service starts at 7:15, and you can find more info on the Switch facebook page. It's not a lengthy service, but long enough for fun and some Jesus. My favorite part is the small groups after service. LOVE THEM. I have connected with people so well there. I don't feel judged or scorned but accepted. The leaders are all very welcoming, and the students are there to get plugged in. Now its not perfect ( we still need shirts Matt!!!) but, it's somewhere I finally want to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment