Friday, August 3, 2012

Modge Podge.

Okay readers, (my few loyal readers), I will apologize in advance for the multitude of blog postings today. Also for the randomness, rants, and just blabbering. I have a lot to get off my chest today. So today you're getting a "Modge podge" of my life.



First of all, I''m gonna take this opportunity to put in my two cents on the Chick-fil-a scandal.

To those of you bashing the company: Chick-fil-a was not being hateful towards gays, simply stating our beliefs. Also, if you pay even the slightest bit of attention to what the company does, you would already know it is a Christian company. Not perfect, but Christian. Closed on Sundays, my goodness! In the Christian belief system, we follow Jesus Christ and His word. In this said word, it says marriage is to be between a man and a woman (see Genisis 2:24). It also says "Love your neighbor" (see Matthew 22:39).

To the homosexual community: I personally am not going to be rude or hateful to you. Yes, I disagree with your lifestyle.(No I do not want to see PDA).  But I'm going to do my best in just showing you the love of God. That;s what He intended, not all this hate. No one is perfect, only Jesus was. But each and every day we should strive closer to a Christ like lifestyle. And I'm sure Chick-fil-a will still happily serve you some chicken nuggets.
By the way, we are exercising our freedom of speech just as much as you are exercising your freedom of religion/orientation. (Or whatever amendment being gay falls under.)



I am also learning the hard way, that some people are truly just hard to deal with. Now hear me out-in most cases of conflict, we need to simply be quick to apologize, and quick to forgive. Often times we need to stop and give the other party some slack because of what is going on in their own life. But in some cases, any way you choose to deal with the problem- is just wrong. Ignoring the problem, talking about it, whatever the case may be. And then the issue doesnt get resolved, and turns into a vicious cycle. This is one reason I don't have a lot of friends. I choose for it to be this way. I have a few friends that are important to me, and one or two that I spend time with. Yes, if you need a friend, call me. I'll be your shoulder to cry on. But don't get offended when you figure out how much of an introvert I am trying to be. (I really am working on my blabber mouth....can't you tell?)

The reason above is one of many I stay so busy. I currently have 3 jobs, as well as keeping up with my large family at home, my sweet boyfriend, and senior year starting in three weeks. EEK! (Not to mention ballet practice, the TWO weddings I'm in this fall, and my 18th birthday in November.) But like I told someone yesterday, I work a lot because I'm trying to be responsible and take care of myself. I like having my own paycheck and being able to pay for my own things, and saving for my future. I should have my truck paid off in about a week and a half, and will then continue working to get the tags on it as well as the plethora of clothes I need for school this year. It is so exciting to me to be able to say I bought my truck/gas/car insurance. Or these shoes, this purse, this project I did, etc.
I'm tired a lot from being so busy, as well as being sick lately. But I know my hard work will pay off later. And when times seem tough I just have to remember how much God has brought me through over the last year. The list and story with all of that is tremendous.

Also, if anyone wondered...I will happily accept QT cards for my birthday this year.

So who wants to bring me some Chick-fil-a for lunch at work? I'm here til 2.

And then let's petition for a Chick-fil-a in BA!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment