Friday, August 10, 2012

TGIF

As most of you know, I'm a hard worker. (Or I like to think that I am.) If I decide that I want something and it's out of reach, by golly, I'm gonna work for it. Typically to reach a sense of accomplishment, but that is really the icing on the cake.

Over the summer I've been working 3 jobs to pay for my wants/needs. Now granted, I still live at home and don't have a list of bills. My parents take good care of me and help me when I need it. (Like yesterday's mall trip for school clothes.) BUT, I bought my car, and everything that comes with that. I help pay for my car insurance each time I get paid as well. I pay for most of the things I want and need beyond that. Within the next week I will have my truck paid off, and tags on it as well. That is an awesome sense of accomplishment. How many of the kids at BA senior high can say that? Very few, I'm sure!

So with that said, if any little teen that just got their license hits MY truck in the school parking lot, you better believe the fight is on. Just sayin. (And this is where I play the clip of Melissa Peterman saying "And that is what they call, A THREAT!" in the second episode of Baby Daddy on ABC Family.)

I also have recently had a young man give me grief about how much I work. He's always saying things like "You need a life!", or "Don't work too hard!". But meaning them more than the normal person might. Then he goes on to tell me that his parents (he is a 23 year old grown man/ college student) bought his car and still pay for most his sh**,(his words, not mine) and he would rather sit at home and do nothing than work. Wow. That's super grown up and mature. I nicely replied that I like having my own check to pay for my own things. I'm still honestly just shocked at how dependent and even arrogant that sounds.

One thing that I want to accomplish within myself is a sense of indepence. I'm almost there, but still have some growing up to do. And especially before I get married and commit my life to someone, I need to know that I can stand on my own two feet first. Financially, mentally, and in many other ways. I want to know that I can take care of myself. Then when the time is right, I'll learn how to depend on someone and have them depend on me. It's all a process, really.

P.S. Yes, I am glad it's Friday! Just like anyone else!  But like I told Ben, (We will rename the 23 yr old above Ben. You're welcome.) my weekend is very very busy and full. But in the end, it will all be worth it! And I think I just might reward myself w Happy Hour at Sonic after work! Yes sir!

No comments:

Post a Comment