Friday, August 3, 2012

Fall 2012

Fall is my absolute favorite season! The warm colors, the cool breezes, hoodies, boots, jeans, coffee,  chili, it all just makes me so happy! Now I realize that fall is at least another month out, and I'm still praying for some relief from these temps soon. However, I am excited for this fall's fashion trends!
As I have said before, I am quite obsessed with pinterest. So photo credit goes to pinterest today!



TREND ONE: Sweet pastel colors. Neon used to be the "In" thing, but now it's sweet and elegant. Neon can be added for a pop of color, but please use neon responsibly. This outfit shown is perfect for an outdoor party, or add a cardigan and wear it to church. It's super feminine as well as sassy with the neude pumps.









TREND TWO: Chevron. I love this pattern so much and wish I could have it everywhere! I had a really hard time choosing what example photo to use for this one. There are just so many possibilities. But this adorable maxi dress is great for any occasion. Just add a cardigan or even a blazer for school or church. This would go great with loose curls if worn on its own, or a messy ballerina bun if worn with a blazer. Remember to stick with one pattern per outfit. You don't want your outfit to be too busy. You'll attract attention for the wrong reason!



TREND THREE: Tiffany Blue. This is a gorgeous color! I've seen it used on Vans, Nikes, and several other accessories, as well as dresses. This color is clean and fresh and a great pop of color. These shoes I would most likely pair with a pair of skinny jeans (colored or denim), with a tucked in black v-neck and belt. Hair could be worn any style. The hairstyle helps determined if you're going for an edgy look or simply good looks and good taste.






TREND FOUR: Bold words. These do not need to be offenseive, but can still pack a punch. I recently made my own shirt with the words Plie, Chasse, Jete,  All day. (French ballet terms). I simple used a medicine dropper to write with bleach on a black v-neck top. It turned out great and had an awesome vintage look. I really like the shirt pictured as well. It's bold and sassy! There are tons of tops like this on pinterest with links so you can order them, or I suggest you get crafty amd make them! Personlaization makes it truly yours. One of a kind.



TREND FIVE: Comfy Chic. Dress up that hoodie and claim it! I love this unique hoodie in particular and really wish I knew where to get it without spending a lot. It's definately chic, and great for our brutal Oklahoma Fall/ Winter. Whether it's that time of the month, running late, sick, or bad day, don't show it! You can still be in your comfort zone and look great at the same time! After you throw on your hoodie and (skinny jeans and boots) or (regular jeans and Nikes) tease up a cute ponytail, and some cute earrings. Grab a hot choclate on your way out the door and soothe your worries away!




I'm excited to see the new trends this fall, and what I will find while shopping. Keep checking back for more style and shopping tips. And don't be afraid to try something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment