Monday, August 13, 2012

Strictly Opinions.

Let me just warn you, this post is strictly opinions.

This will be my second year at Broken Arrow High School, so I know what to expect for the most part, anyway. For those of you who don't know...a lot of things are different this year.

First of all, the senior high campus is under a huge renovation thanks to the bonds we recieved back in 2009. From what I have been told, we will now have an additional gym, more classrooms, and another drama room. I've also heard rumor of another library. The sketches and plans do look quite fabulous, If I must say. However, I'm not looking forard to spending my glorious senior year in the site of the apocolypse. I'm going to be extremely careful so my car doesn't suffer any damages from the construction. (Parking lot B is closed this year. Arrive early if you want a spot.)

Another big change this year- no schedule pick up. That Stinks. Just Saying.
Schedule Pick up is not only a highly informative event, but also a social event. Students are able to pick up class schedules, senior shirts, parking permit, other school clothes, athletic passes, order yearbooks and much more. This year, they mailed out schedules and campus maps. Which I think makes it a bit more nerve racking. Even for a senior...

Administration has also made it very clear that they are not allowing schedule changes this year. I understand that some students take advantage of the two week window, but really. The juniors are going to have a heart attack. I'm simply saying the senior high needs to be ready for a mob of moms who won't take "No" for an answer.

One chunk of good news for senior high goers, the cafeteria will be serving some basic SUBWAY sandwiches this year. Which is definately a great alternative to the lard they normally serve. Also just saying. I hardly ever eat cafeteria food. I will gladly post a list of easy, healthy lunches within the next week.

Seniors- get ready. Less than two weeks away and our time to shine begins.

Juniors- good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment